Saturday 26 May 2012

I am a grumpy old woman...

There is a great series of programmes that play on UKTV here called the "Grumpy Woman's Guide to..." and the "Grumpy Man's Guide to...".  Basically celebrities are given topics and they get to rant about them...I find it hilarious right up until I realise that I am nodding my head in agreement with their views rather than laughing at them....

The number of times I hear myself talking and all I can hear is my mothers voice...

There are so many things that annoy me:

Getting sick.  Particularly when it is a weekend, holiday or day off.  I am drinking water like it's going out of fashion at the moment in an effort to derail the cold I think I may have caught from a workmate.

Drunk teenagers who think they are cool.  They are not.  We have been there and done that and one day you will realise that when we say you look like an idiot, we are not joking.

Drivers not indicating.  My psychic button is broken.  I don't know if you are going to turn UNLESS YOU INDICATE that this is what you are doing.  It is not optional.  It is a legal requirement.  Don't make me waggle my finger at you!!

Not winning lotto.  Okay, so I hardly ever buy a ticket, but really, that's beside the point!

Sneezing.  I am a chronic sneezer.  Have been since I was a child.  My sneezes are quite quiet and petite (the only thing about me that is small and delicate!).  Yes, I do know that I sound like a cat.  Yes, I am sneezing properly.  Yes, I do sneeze a lot. Yes, I have heard that sneezing is like having an orgasm (I can assure you it's not).  It makes my eyes and nose run and interrupts my conversations - a real pain in the proverbial when most of my work day is spent talking with people!

Cleaning.  Yes, it is great when all the housework is done.  That doesn't mean I like it.  I know that there is a housework fairy somewhere that is supposed to do the vacuuming, clean the bathroom and toilet and was the dishes.  When I find where she's hiding, she is in BIG trouble.

Guilt. There are so many things that I should be doing.  A lot of time it doesn't happen.  Either I forget, run out of time or simply can't be bothered.  I hate feeling guilty for it.  Unless I have upset someone (and they are upset for a reason, not simply because they now have to do the job they had hoped I would do), I have resolved no longer to feel guilty.  We'll see how long that lasts! 

So....what makes you feel grumpy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it will be published once it has been moderated.